Water Conservation Period
The Water Conservation Period (WCP) will be from May 15th until September 15th this year. The WCP was first established in Chapter 13.20 of the City of Hobbs Municipal Code as an attempt to curb wasted water in the city, particularly during the hottest, driest months of the year when rainfall is at its lowest. Since its adoption, over 350,000,000 gallons of water have been saved each calendar year. Water restrictions during the WCP include domestic and commercial water usage for garden, lawn, or other exterior watering or sprinkling application.
Such water usages may be applied from the water
mains of and upon the premises of a property?s designated days. A property owner?s days to water are
designated by the number of their address; odd numbered addresses water on odd calendar dates and
even numbered addresses water on even calendar dates between the hours of 4:00 am ? 8:00 am or
7:00 pm ? 11:00 pm. You must pick one of these times, not both. If a particular property has two
addresses, the address listed on the consumer?s account with the City?s Utilities Department shall
control the day. For months with 31 days, no watering shall be done on the 31st day of the month.
Additional water-wasting regulations during this period include:
- No person, firm, corporation, municipal, other government facility or operation shall waste, cause, or permit any water to be wasted.
- Water wasting activities that are prohibited include:
- Landscape watering on the incorrect day and/or during both time slots
- Allowing water to escape from any premises onto public property, such as alleys or streets, or upon any other person?s property
- Washing vehicles, structures, driveways, sidewalks, parking areas, or other impervious surface areas with an open hose
- Operating a misting system in unoccupied non-residential areas
- Operating a permanently installed irrigation system with a broken head or emitter, or with a head that is spraying more than 10% of the spray onto the street, parking lot, or sidewalk
- Failing to repair a controllable leak, including a broken sprinkler head, a leaking valve, a leaking faucet, a leaking toilet, or a leaking supply line or pipe
A fine may be incurred if the regulations related to the WCP are not followed.
If you need help adjusting your irrigation system, please give us a call and we will be happy to assist so that you may voluntarily comply with this new law.
For Billing and Customer Service, call (575)397-9315.
Payments are received in the office, at the drive-through window, in the night depository, by automatic bank draft, by phone, by the web-site, or by mail. To pay your bill by phone or for more information, contact the Water Department at 575-397-9216.Pay Bill Online
Hours of Operation
The normal hours of operation for the City of Hobbs Water Department are:
Monday to Friday; 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (excluding major holidays)
For after-hour emergencies, call (575) 397-9315
Customer Service Handbook